Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It’s Not About Money, It’s About How You Like Your Life

Money. So many clichés. I do need some. I do like it. But it can become a burden. Getting money, having it, using it, losing it. All these aspects are often tangled up in emotions.

The way I get my money is by teaching. And I truly enjoy teaching but am getting ever tired of the tasks, forced upon me by the government, that take my time away from my students. I love planning lessons, I love it when a kid says, “This is fun!” and I’m thrilled when I see progress in their writing skills. I just wish it weren’t such a burden - the paperwork, the administration, the parental expectations.

Money seems to be the driving force. Money pits school against school to see who gets the money, er, excuse me, the A+ money. Now we are blackmailed into a program that would pit teacher against teacher for a bonus that’s just not worth it.

I don’t like my job, my life, when I feel like I’m being manipulated. I don’t like being part of such a corrupt system. It’s less and less about the child and more and more about the money. Show me the money? No thanks!

No comments: