Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Poem a Day Challenge - Day 15

For this one we had to take a poem we liked, alter the title and write another version. I took a go at this one:

The Roads Taken

Two roads converged in a Georgia town
And seeing that both I could travel
At the light I looked around
Nothing there could make me frown
But my plan would soon unravel

Mapquest said there would be a turn
Trusting still I ventured on
Many were lessons I had to learn
Though blessed by views of kudzu and fern
I felt my path was lost and gone

Backtracked that morning more than twice
Turned around on roads of clay
The air still crisp and oh so nice
With music as my only vice
I saw how way leads on to way

I am now telling with a sigh
At last I made my destination
O’er valleys low and hills so high
Beneath a cloudless southern sky
I found a bit of relaxation


Original tite: "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
I worked to keep the same rhyme scheme

No comments: